Quick-Response Manufacturing (QRM): Increasing Your Manufacturing Competitive Advantage
Women of Today’s Manufacturing (WOTM) is hosting a workshop on Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM), a company-wide strategy that can be implemented for lead time reduction. Everyone knows that “time is money” but this workshop will be focused around the fact that time is a lot more money than most managers realize.
Professor Rajan Suri, Founding Director of the Center for Quick Response Manufacturing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison will present the workshop—Professor Suri is the author of four books on QRM. He is an internationally acclaimed speaker and has received several awards for the development and implementation of QRM strategy in US industry.
QRM is a company-wide strategy for lead time reduction throughout the enterprise. Its focus on lead time can reduce both response times and costs, and give companies a competitive edge in global markets. This new way of thinking about manufacturing requires a huge management paradigm shift from cost-based to time-based decision-making. These ideas, as well as the four core concepts of QRM, are only a few topics that will be covered in more detail at the event.
Join us in reviewing examples of local companies that have implemented QRM successfully, as well as a facility tour at our main case-example, Hennig, Inc., immediately following the workshop.
- 9:00 – Registration, coffee, meet and greet
- 9:30 – Event Introductions
- 9:40 – Workshop by Professor Rajan Suri
- 11:00 – Coffee break
- 11:15 – Workshop continues
- 12:00 to 12:30 – Open discussion and Q&A
- 12:30 to 1:30 – Networking lunch and informal discussions
- 2:00 to 3:00 – Tour at Hennig Inc. with discussion on how Hennig successfully incorporated QRM to help reduce lead times.